Join English, ESL, and math faculty from across the state for a deep dive into the classroom. Activities include space to troubleshoot issues coming up in your own teaching, plus a focus on CAP instructional design principles, such as growth-oriented grading, supporting students’ affective needs, harnessing the power of collaboration, and providing just-in-time remediation for challenging, transfer-level tasks. The institute includes STEM and SLAM math pathways. ESL activities will focus on placement, the latest AB 705 research and guidance, and developing thematic course materials.
Click here to preview English application
Click here to preview math application
Click here to preview ESL application
- If your college is applying in more than one discipline (English, math, ESL), please submit a separate application for each.
- We highly encourage each disciplinary team to include a minimum of three faculty from the college or district.
- The registration fee of $350/person covers training, materials, and some meals during the institute.
- After we review applications, you will receive an email from CaliforniaAccelerationProject@gmail.com with an Eventbrite registration link and additional hotel, location, and payment information. Sometimes our emails are blocked by college email servers – if you do not hear from us by Friday, May 1st, please email CAP Central.
- Once accepted, each team member will need to register individually through Eventbrite.
Statewide Summer Institute
June 26-28, 2020
DoubleTree San Diego Mission Valley
April 17, 2020
Online Application for ENGLISH
Online Application for MATH
Online Application for ESL